|the top one is wrong and the bottom one is the correct way!|
So once the wee man was fed and had reverted to just Grumble McWaah, out came the trusted seam ripper and amends were made. (It used to be that the seam ripper was my saviour but it has been bumped to second place since I discovered the power of Infacol!). I was on the right track and on a roll - everything was sewn back up correctly, if a little haphazardly. That shouldn't matter, right?! And who cares if the effects of sleep deprivation were kicking in, right?! Another school boy error from the Petrie Scothern. Just as I was gluing the purse into the rather groovy frame, the spectre of accuracy and precision bit me on the bum again!
|looking good so far.....|
|except the other side doesn't fit!|
No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get the the second side to fit into the frame mostly because I hadn't centred the fabric purse properly and had gotten a wee bit carried away trimming the fabric. So ANOTHER lesson learned. On the plus side, I was super worried about being able to follow the pattern and get the bag into the frame but I know now that I can do this, it's not so scary. On the down side, I have a ruined bag that I am going to keep in order to remind myself of where I can go wrong.
Oh and I need to watch the glue too - heady stuff!