As seems to be the way of things at the moment, I'm working on bee blocks. First up, Sara's Modern Mavericks blocks...
|two blocks become one!|
Sara wanted blocks that she could use to construct a bookcase quilt. I found a cool PP pattern for Harry Potter glasses here. It was a little fiddly but pretty straightforward.
Next up, a QATWII block for Ursi - not paper pieced this one, I gave myself a wee break!
|the brief: low volume with a pop of colour|
It was a 12.5" square block but then I reread the requirements and she wanted 13" square so I had to add a small border but it still looked ok.
Next up, the block that I really enjoyed making but is a bit of a fail.... Lovely Carol's red panda....
I'm not entirely sure what went wrong. Sewing the pieces whilst watching the Great British Bake Off final was probably not my smartest move. I also think I may have had a scale thingy on my printer set up when I printed it. The pattern is a Bad Skirt one - I love her work although she never adds seam allowances to her PP templates so that was another thing I kept having to remember. When I finished it, I was severely p*ssed off with myself. But I got a haircut (always helps put me in a good mood) and checked out some of the other pandas on the Forest QAL Flickr site and there are a few with similar abstract cubist tendencies so Fred (for that is his name) will live on! Especially because @cottonandsteel liked him on Instagram. #squeeeee!
I have two more PP projects to get through this week then I'm having a break for a while I think. My evil iron can't take the pace!