Finished Quilts

Monday 22 September 2014

tried to make me go to rehab.....

So as you will know, McMojo has been MIA pretty much all summer. I may have mentioned it all the chuffing time now and again! Whenever she's shown her sorry face round these parts, it's been tough.  All I really achieved in the past month or so was a few skirts as bday gifts for the wee man's friends....

summer whimsy skirts with pockets!  A great free pattern/tutorial from CailaMade

A couple of seriously late bee blocks that nearly did me in....I think McMojo had the DTs!

going to be a fun Aliens Love Underpants quilt though..
I really wanted these blocks to turn out so much better than they did but at least I finally worked out how to use a ruler!

McMojo started to play nice a couple of days later and so I managed to piece the backing for the bonadoochi quilt.  Can you see the join?

squeee!
Some of the birds have bee heads and some of the bees have bird butts; still I am pretty stoked with how it worked out.!

Last week I had a week's leave (well, 3 days) to recover from some serious hard work and a pretty rubbish cold, to prepare for and celebrate the wee man's 3rd birthday (WTF!) and to have some sewing time.  That boiled done to Thursday and one day's sewing to tackle a bee block mountain that won't go away.  I went to find McMojo and staged an intervention.  Rehab baby yeah!

First up, a litre of coffee and some left over birthday cake (chocolate victoria sponge sandwiched with white choc butter icing and covered in choc fudge icing, since you asked) then a divided basket that needed to be handed over as a gift the next day...

check jamiecat's lazy "am I bovvered?" photobomb!
BOOM!

Next up, some more Bumbling Honey bee blocks...this time for Clare

some really neat points there
BOOYAKASHA!  Followed by a quick "Say Yes To The Dress" and cake break.

Finally, I tackled a bee block that should have been done way back in February *hangs head in shame*.  Beth asked for everyone to make a flower representative of where they live as part of the Quilt Around the World II bee so there were many lovely and diverse blocks.  I was the last stop on the journey and they have been sat sitting on my sewing table for a long time.  I was always planning to make a thistle and since it was referendum day on Thursday, it felt right to get it done and done.

shmapplique people!
I should have chosen a darker background fabric but it kind of rocks.  Here are the blocks all together...

pretty neat, huh?
And that photoshoot signalled the end of Intervention Day 1.  Phew!  And to prove that McMojo is on the road to recovery, I managed to do some sewing over the weekend....more bee blocks, of course!  This time for the lovely Sue and rounds off the 2013 Bumbling Honeys bee for me

captured in the lovely September sun
I see a scrap vomit quilt in my future!  I still have three sets of bee blocks to do but at least the pile is less of a Munro.

And for all of you brave souls who have lasted this long, here's the other reason that sewing has taken a bit of a back seat recently....

either singing or yelling poo...it's always one or the other!

Happy birthday, my sweet boy x

8 comments:

  1. he is gorgeous! and well done you, welcome back mcmojo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie!! Love your flowers and the thistle is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thnk mcmojo is back! All of your projects are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Munro mountain scaled :) Nice work lady, and H is so gorgeous xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. plenty you have shared today, all the flowers look lovely together

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday H! Lovely photo and I'd say your McMoJo is back ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. hooray for making, cake, and birthdays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that thistle just as it is-beautiful! And if you had a darker background I think the flower head would get lost. Enjoy the mojo when it arrives and don't fret!

    ReplyDelete