Finished Quilts

Tuesday 7 December 2010

having a stevie wonder moment...

.... cos it's my birthday today!  It's Altered Images and the Beatles next!  As is my tradition, I have taken a day off from work.  I take Laughing Boy's birthday off as well even though he never does - someone has to!  Anyway, I have two lists of what I plan to with my day:

List 1: unrealistic and overambitious
clean the bathroom
clean out the fridge and my Nigella cupboard (pantry)
hoover until exhaustion
bake til I run out of stuff
order christmas food from farm shop (despite the -12 degrees, ice and the big hill to get there)
finish all christmas pressie shopping by going into town and physically buying rather than internet shopping
make 25 mug rugs and 4 bags and 1 scarf
have lunch
watch the Gilmore Girls
finish reading Kafka on the Beach
re-organise my fabric shelf
wrap some pressies
make a cup of tea for the in-laws
go out for dinner

List 2: the probably gonna happen list
clean the bathroom CHECK
have a coffee and some pancakes CHECK
think really hard about making my first ever red velvet cake but put it off until Christmas CHECK
watch the Gilmore Girls NEXT
make some mug rugs
do some internet shopping
wrap some pressies
make a cup of tea for the in-laws
go out for dinner

Re red velvet cake - although I've never tasted it, I have this idea that it's the nicest thing in the world and I am obsessed with cake in a jar like this...
.... from mycakies blog
How delicious does that look? It's a definite make for Christmas I think, although maybe not in a jar.

Re internet shopping, I wasn't going to but I think I'm going to treat myself to some AMH innocent crush as a wee personal pressie
and when I say some, I probably mean the lot!
And the sun's out.  It's a beautiful day :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment