Finished Quilts

Wednesday 29 February 2012

WIP Wednesday...

Today, I'm linking up (for the first time) with Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced



It's a great way of keeping track of what you're up to (or not!).  I think the general format is to talk about any finishes, work(s) in progress and projects that have not progressed at all.  So here goes:

Stats
Finishes = 0

WIP
Sparkle Punch QAL = I have finally laid out all the pieces and hope that it works.  It was a lot harder choosing where to put everything than I had anticipated.  Here's the final layout:

taken standing on the sofa so apologies for the shoogly nature of it!
I don't have the patience to play around too much and kind of think that this is ok.  I'm glad I added the orange Joel Dewberry in.  So next job is to start sewing this sucker together.  Sharp intake of breath!  The good news is that I think I know how I'm gonna quilt this beast - huzzah!

Kitty's quilt = I finished the quilt top I am making for a friend's daughter and here it is:

no laughing boy's legs this time!
Simple but effective I think.  I used my 1/4" foot for the first time sewing this baby together and it is GENIUS! Why have I left it so late to start using it?  There are actually some pretty sharp corners in this *chuffed face*.  I hope she likes it - they are on holiday for a couple of weeks so I'll have to wait until they get back before getting the verdict.

No Progress
Lolo's quilt = Now I have found the 1/4" foot, I will crack on with this quilt although may end up ripping out what I have done so far - blinking wonky seams!

P's laptop case = I think that this may be a this weekend project, although I'm planning to go to the Maggie's centre on Saturday so I'll see if I have time.

UFO sighting = I WILL finish this soon, maybe next week.....

Plans
A kindle case for my littlest sister
A quilt for the wee man
To finish a skirt I started two years ago


7 comments:

  1. Both of your quilts look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the sparkle punch quilt - I really want to make one myself. It's on my someday list for sure, once I get the rest of my WIPs in shape.
    Both your quilts are well done - I'm glad you linked up so we could see them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your sparkle punch quilt! I have fabric to make one, and I can't wait. Yours is amazing! Thanks for sharing :-D

    PS - would you please consider disabling your word verification?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. word verification now removed (they don't make it easy!)

      Delete
  4. What cute quilts you have. But it suits not for men :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, Kitty's Quilt is gorgeous, I love the fabrics, especially the purples, and the circles running through the fabrics really pulls it together!

    ReplyDelete