Finished Quilts

Tuesday 17 April 2012

motivation

Although not particularly productive, I've had a real buzzy creative thoughts kind of head over the past couple of weeks, which is being partly fuelled by the wee man finally enjoying an extended lunchtime nap *shhhhhh*.  I now feel that I need to work out exactly what I want to get done so I'm not jumping all over the place.  My motivation for being a wee bit more organised is twofold - Amy's Bloggers Quilt Festival will be held soon and I want to submit something for that and I'm planning on going back to work in June so want to make the most of my time before then.

Fortunately Rhonda from Quilter in the Gap is having a Finish Along (by the quarter year, which really suits) so I can set myself some targets through linking up with her.  So, by the end of June I hope to have completed:

The wheelchair cape:  I have to finish this by next weekend as we're back up to Scotland for a visit and I need to hand it over to my mum then.  I've got the plans drawn and have cut the fabric


I've even started sewing it up but my mum has asked for extra padding so I need to get some thicker wadding this weekend to finish it.  I also need to make a bag for her as a gift for one of her friends.  She asked if I had "one on the go" - bless :)

Kitty's quilt:  It's basted and the binding has been made, just gotta quilt it...

I've made a shed load of binding!
I was going to try FMQ'ing this but as it's for someone else I don't want to ruin it with my first formal FMQ attempt so am pondering circles or straight lines at the moment.

Sparkle Logic QAL quilt: got to press again, baste (once the backing fabric arrives), quilt and bind this beauty before it heads off to France as a house warming gift. 

I'm hoping to take it to the FQ Retreat and hand quilt it (another first!).

FQ Retreat Name Tag:  I know it's a wee thing but it needs to get done sharpish.  My first attempt is half done....
obviously still need to add the name part!
I'm not sure about this but feel a little warmer to it after seeing a similar style button/brooch on the Coletterie blog so maybe I'm more fashion forward than I think! *snorts in derision*.  I think I'm going to make some additional "stuff" for my tag recipient, maybe to help ease the disappointment ;)

After these, I have a mad list of other things I'd like to do......like jump on the Retro Flower QAL, maybe make a top for myself, finish my UFO quilt top, and so it goes on.  But I am trying to be realistic for once.   Wish me luck :)

6 comments:

  1. Love the grey binding! The vintage vibe of the brooch is gorgeous and LOVE the fabric print :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm like you - too nervous to try FMQ-ing a whole quilt! Your projects look great and so close to completion!! Maybe you'll be able to start the Retro Flower QAL after all ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure you'll get everything done! Just stay focused and motivated to finish =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the quilt and lucky you with the extended nap time ;-)
    I so need to organise my time, I just jump around with projects leaving WIPS in my wake!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Sparkle Logic quilt is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, I LOVE your sparkle logic quilt......I might need to make one of those. There's just not enough time.....

    Thanks for visiting my blog and your wishes for my recovery. I think I'm on the mend!

    ReplyDelete