Finished Quilts

Sunday 9 September 2012

simple pleasures

Not much sewing going on last week.  I managed to make a reversible drawstring bag and another applique top for the lovely Flynn's 1st birthday party, which was a very chilled and sunny affair yesterday afternoon.  We left the house at 2pm for the party and the Mouthy Stitches 2 sign up opened about 4 minutes later!  I got home around 5 and sent off my form with little hope.... but I got the email this morning that I'm in.  Yay!

Other than that, I indulged in one of my most favourite parts of quilting, squaring up a quilt ready for binding.  The sparkler has been hand quilted and as I was doing the last bit I said to myself "only a bit of machine quilting to go" then remembered that it was totally quilted already.  I think I may have hi-5'd myself!  So instead of washing the kitchen floor yesterday, I went from this....



to this....



This simple thing makes me so happy every time.  It's the time when I fall back in love with the quilt and can see the end in sight.  Oh and worry about how much smaller it looks now ;)  I'm aiming to get the binding on today so I can hand finish it this week.

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on getting into the swap. I completely missed the sign ups!
    Such a great sneak of the quilt. I'll be watching out for the reveal =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yipppppeeeee so glad that you are in MS2.
    I tried to text you to say that the sign up was open but I must have messed up your mobile number on my phone.
    Way to go on that gorgeous quilt - I cannot wait to see it finished. It looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to see more of the sparkler! Those pics are such a tease! Seriously loving those colors :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous - can't wait to see it with the binding on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That simple thing makes me very happy - bloody gorgeous it is!
    Happy birthday to the little man x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking good :) I love the neatening stage too :)

    ReplyDelete