Finished Quilts

Tuesday 4 December 2012

buzz buzz busy bee

My Sunday afternoon sewing was a great success - three outstanding QATWII bee blocks done and done.  Outstanding in the "have had them for a week and need to be getting them completed and sent on" sense, I mean.
 
First up, Mary's...now Mary's colour palette really stumped me and I was moaning about my lack of creative spark and lack of fabric in the required tones to the lovely JoJo, who soothed my panicky brow and not only offered some design ideas (including pointing out Mary's love for birdy fabric) but also sent me some more suitable fabric.  I could not have done this block with out her help and support - she is officially amazeballs!  If you don't know her, check out her blog and her Flickr - she creates some totally beautiful stuff.  So freshly inspired and using mostly Jo's fabric, my block ended up like this..


all the blocks so far...
Next up was Lynne's blocks.  I was much more comfortable with her colour palette (as was my stash!) and the guide was for geometric so I opted for a block I found at Play Crafts...

 
all the blocks so far
 

I was on a roll so moved onto Diane's blocks - she wanted spring/summer colours and stars if possible, so using Jeni's HST November block, I came up with this....


all the blocks so far
Now the sharp eyed amongst you will see that I...erm... modified the design a little.  Ok, I messed up and sewed the bottom row wrong but it turns out I'm not very sharp eyed as I have only just noticed myself and the block is already on the way to Rachel.  I feel like such a doofus but it doesn't look do bad, does it?  This is what happens to me after three hours of sewing - concentration wavers to the point of calamity. 

So it was a good job that I stopped there on Sunday I think.  This week will be all about Liz's bumblie blocks and some last minute christmas pressies before heading off up to Scotland for a week with the wee man (= no sewing next week).  Maybe that's a good time to get Bertha serviced.....

5 comments:

  1. Well you have steamed ahead with those gorgeous bee blocks. I hope that you have a good time away in Scotland - wrap up warmly! I got my sewing machine serviced when I was away on holiday and it is so nice to come home to a well behaved machine without being inconvenienced! Di x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy, these look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look like you have been working hard - the little bird is very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the bird block, very cute

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all beautiful blocks. I even like the orange fabric in yours! Glad to be of assistance and thank you again for my lovely fabric you sent me Enjoy your week away :) xxx

    ReplyDelete