Finished Quilts

Saturday 8 December 2012

holding hands

....it's one of the things that I love doing, especially when walking with Laughing Boy.  Since the wee man came along, we don't get much of an opportunity to do it.  But we did yesterday and I loved it!  It was my birthday - not one of those where you move up a tick box on those forms/surveys - thank goodness.  But one where Laughing Boy took a half day, the in-laws came to babysit and we went out for a child free lunch and wander round the town, holding hands.  Bliss.    AND, I totally got lucky gift-wise (you've gotta love amazon wish lists!)...

I was expecting one but got all three!
Now, a while back, my lovely MIL Carol told me (in no uncertain terms!) that she thought I would be much further forward in my sewing than I was.  After a huge petted lip, I began to muse that she was right.  I should be doing more complicated stuff and definitely should be on the FMQ bus by now.  So I joined some bees and swaps and challenge myself with them all to make something that will take me somewhere new.  And, my plans for 2013 include getting to grips with FMQ and dressmaking, hence my joy at receiving these books for my birthday.

Talking of bees, I am so behind with the FQR Bumblie Bee for lovely Liz (Ms November).  She wants selvedge blocks.  I've made one but want to do another as well.  Here's the one that's done...
based on an HST tute by Jeni @ InColorOrder
I'll get the other one done when we get back from Scotland.  I'm off to the airport to pick up my dad, who is helping me and the wee man drive up tomorrow for the week.  Have a great weekend x

8 comments:

  1. Happy, happy birthday lovely! Nice birthday haul - and I'm so glad you got some child free time with laughing boy (way better than presents in my book!) Love your selvedge block too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a perfect afternoon! Happy belated birthday and hope to see some fabulous projects from those books :)
    Love that block too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday. What a nice way to spend your day. Those books look as if they are full of inspiration, have fun. Enjoy your time in Scotland and how good is your Dad coming to get you. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday! And don't put too much pressure on yourself with the sewing, it is meant to be fun after all. Having said that I'll be really interested to see how you get on with dress-making - it's something I'd love to be able to do, but at the moment it's something I'm rather too scared (and busy!) to try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday for yesterday, lovely pressies

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday for Friday lovely - You deserved to get spoilt! Oh and that block blody rocks! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday Miss M (if a little belatedly!)! Sounds like you had a lovely afternoon and your new books look great. I'm not on the FMQ bus yet either, just straight lines for me so far! My MIL (who is lovely) just doesn't understand who all the quilts are for - she's not a sewer! Have a great week back in Scotland xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete